Many of us have experienced the sense of being bloated. Your tummy is puffy, overextended and bumpy. It usually happens after a big weekend or over a festive season. But beside this, for many people, bloating is more than an occasional troublesomeness. There are many possible causes and there are many ways to treat it. You can usually find help with simple natural remedies.
There are many various ways to intake ginger. For instance, you can chew fresh ginger root, sip ginger tea, or have grated ginger prior to meals or add it to your food, in every formula it works great to smoothen the digestion process, and provide instant relief from bloating. Slices of ginger soaked in lemon juice are very good for releasing gas. Or you can rub on your stomach a mixture made of 4-5 drops of ginger essential oil in 2-3 tablespoon of carrier oil. Another way to use the benefits of ginger is to eat a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger before meals, or bite a root throughout the day.
Peppermint is great for soothing churning stomachs and easing gas pains. In its essential oil there is menthol, which has antispasmodic effect of the smooth muscle of the digestive track. It’s also good for the nerves, and thus can soothe stomachs that really feel the effect of stress and nervousness.
In ½ cup cool water, add 2 drops of peppermint oil and drink it at least 1-2 times a day. Add 2-3 drops of lemon to it.
Second way; in a cup of boiling water, steep 2 teaspoons of dried peppermint leaves for 8-10 minutes. Strain and drink this tea after every meal. It will provide quick relief from bloating.
Smoothie for Bloating
1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey, ½ cup ice cubes , ½ cup vanilla yogurt, 1 cup pineapple chunks, ½ cup dandelion root or chamomile tea and 1 cup of strawberries. Blend it until wanted constancy is achieved. It will relieve bloating.
Mint tea effectively relieves problems related to stomach including bloating. Boil 1 cup of water and add 1 teaspoon of dried mint or 4-5 fresh mint leaves. Cool it for 5 minutes. Strain the result and add honey for taste. Consume 2-3 cups of this tea for better digestion.
To make a tea crush some fennel seeds and pour boiling water on them. Furthermore, you will get released from the bad breath. Massage your stomach with fennel oil to ease the abdominal pain escorted by bloating.
Pineapple, yogurt and kefir, are probiotics rich foods that regulate the smooth functioning of colon and replace “good bacteria” in the intestine, which eliminates bloating.
Turmeric can cure all the problems related to digestive system. Add it regularly in the food. Alternatively, add 1 tablespoon of turmeric in boiling water. Cool it for 2-3 minutes and drink it slowly. It will release bloated stomach immediately.
Mix 5 grams of each – black salt, asafetida, asafetida and cardamom powder. Take ½ teaspoon of this mixture for quick relief from symptoms that are related to bloating.
Drink warm lemon water
Glass of warm lemon water every morning is a useful habit. Lemon is good for you in a number of ways, including lending a hand when it comes to easing your stomach pain. This mixture also works as a mighty way to detoxify your entire body, because the lemon helps the livers enzymes work more powerfully.
You will need
-3 fresh lemon wedges
-Cup of water
In the morning, before you eat warm up one cup of water. It doesn’t need to be hot, just nice warm. Squeeze the juice from 3 lemons into the water. Stir and drink. If you don’t have fresh lemon, use a tablespoon of lemon juice. You can regulate the amount of lemon you add.
Green tea is wonder in reducing bloating. Since it is rich in antioxidants, it detoxifies the body in a natural manner.
Things to do:
- You should replace carbonated drinks with iced teas or fresh juices.
- Raise the intake of water and other fluids to overcome chronic constipation.
- Take probiotics, like yogurt and kefir.
- Include fiber rich food in your diet.
- Cut out foods from your diet, to which your body is intolerant. For instance, if you have intolerance for wheat, substitute it with barley, oats or any other gluten-free product.
- Chew your food properly.
- Drink hot water.
- Reduce or completely avoid the consumption of tea, alcohol and coffee.
- Exercise daily.
- Replace the three large meals; consume smaller portion throughout the day.
Things not to do:
- Never skip your meal.
- Avoid packaged foods, junk food, chips, and artificially sweetened food.
- Avoid book, TV or any other distraction while eating as it may distract your focus from the food.
- Do not talk when you eat.
- Avoid sugary, fatty, starchy and heavy meals.
- Refrain from gassy foods like onions, melons, cabbages, potatoes, corn, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, oats, peaches, prunes, and pears, etc.
- Abstain from having heavy dinner.
- Don’t lie down just after having meal; rather walk to improve digestion.
- Don’t drink anything for at least half an hour after having the meal.
- Reduce the use of antibiotics.
Featured image source: http://mrcureforyou.com/