As we age the blue veins beneath our eyes show through as dark, shadowy circles. Stress, poor diet, lack of sleep, health problems, long hours in front of the computer and television likewise contribute for having dark circles.
Many commercial creams claim that they can erase dark circles, but they’re frequently ineffective, and they sometimes come together with undesirable side effects.
Don’t waste time and money on them; try removing those once and for all using potatoes.
Are Potatoes Good for Dark Under Eyes?
Potatoes contain natural lightening agents good for skin under eyes when they are used regularly. They contain catechol which helps to lessen pompousness under the eyes. Furthermore, provide the moisture that skin needs to revitalize.
They also contain nutrients and anti-oxidants that skin needs to stay firm, bright and smooth. The vitamin C, arrowroot, and enzymes in potatoes feed skin. The vitamin A in potatoes retains skin firm.
Potatoes can be used single-handedly or in combination with other natural ingredients that keep skin firm, bright and smooth. Find out what method below is the one that suits you best.
- Peel and grate a small potato. Strain the grated potato over cheesecloth to extract juice.
- Refrigerate the juice until cool.
- Take 2 cotton balls and soak them in potato juice. Apply them to your eyes.
- Leave on 15 min. Remove the cotton balls, wash with cool water, and dry.
- Repeat this daily.
2. Potato Slices
- Take 1 potato chilled in the refrigerator. Cut 2 thick slices and place them over your eyes. Make sure you cover the dark circles.
- Leave on for 20 minutes or overnight. Take out the potato slices, and wash with cool water then dry. You should repeat this 3 times a week.
- Peel a small potato and then grate. Let it chill in refrigerator.
- Wrap the potato in cheesecloth and place it over your eyes. Be sure you cover all dark circles. Leave it on for 15 minutes, and then remove, rinse and dry.
- Repeat 3 this times a week.
4. Potato with Honey and Olive Oil
- Peel and slice 1 potato. Mix potato lumps in a blender with 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and 1 tbsp. of raw honey until the mix is smooth.
- Apply the mixture to skin under eyes and leave it on for 20 minutes. Then rinse with warm water and dry.
- Repeat this once a week.
5. Sweet Potato and Apple Sauce
- Peel and chop one sweet potato. Take a blender and mix the sweet potato with 2 tablespoons unsweetened organic apple sauce until is smooth.
- Apply the mixture to the skin under your eyes. Leave it on 15 minutes.
- Rinse and dry.
- Repeat this 2 times a week.
6. Potato with Tomato
- Peel and chop one potato and one tomato. In a blender, mix the tomato and potato until they are smooth.
- Use one cotton ball to apply the mixture. Then clean your under-eye skin.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
- You can repeat this daily.
7. Potato with Yogurt
- Peel and then grate 1 potato. Strain it through cheesecloth to remove the juice out of it.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of potato juice with 1 tbsp. plain yogurt.
- Use cotton ball to apply mixture to clean under-eye skin.
- Leave for 15 minutes and then rinse and dry.
- Repeat this once a week.
8. Sweet Potato with Honey
- Grate one sweet potato and soak it in ice water for 10 minutes.
- After you remove the potato from the water, do not pour the water out.
- Mix 2 tbsp. of potato with 2 tbsp. of raw honey in a blender until the mixture is smooth.
- Clean under-eye skin and then apply the mixture.
- Leave for 15 min. and rinse with the potato water saved from before.
- Repeat this daily.
9. Potato with Lemon Juice
- Peel and chop 1 potato. Take 2 lemons and drain the juice out of them.
- Mix potato with 4 tbsp. of lemon juice and 4 tbsp. of plain water until is smooth.
- Chill the mix in the refrigerator.
- When is chilled, take 2 cotton balls and soak them in the mixture, then place it you’re your eyes. Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cotton balls, rinse and dry.
- Repeat this twice a week.
10. Potato with Cucumber
- Peel, grate and then strain grated potato over cheesecloth to remove juice.
- Take one cucumber, peel and grate it. Place the cucumber in blender and mash.
- Mix the potato juice with the cucumber juice. Store in a refrigerator.
- Take two cotton pads and soak them in the mix. Apply them to your eyes.
- Leave for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pads, rinse and dry. Repeat this 2 times a week.
Tips and Safety measures:
For finest results, just follow the advice below when you are using potatoes to diminish the presence of dark under-eye circles.
- The time after you rinse off the potato treatment, is the best time for applying commercial creams.
- Always get 8 hours of sleep at night.
- If you wash the potato after peeling it will lose its nutrients.
- Avoid excess sugar and carbohydrates.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- If you prefer, you may use the potato with the skin on.
- At all times use raw, fresh potatoes.
- If the dark circles do not disappear after one week, consult your doctor to find out if they are warning of a more serious health problem.
Image source: foodgal.com