The sperms are amazing, but they can be such as only when they come out from a healthy body. In other words, a healthy body makes a healthy sperm. Due to the quality of sperm even healthy couples who do not use protection have only 20-25% chance of becoming pregnant.
When there are problems with conception, there is half possibility that the problem comes equally from the man or woman. When men are in question and their father role, often low quality semen knows to make a trouble.
Here are some ways that you affect destructively in the quality of the sperm:
- You carry your Mobile phone in the front pocket. A recent study found a decline of 10 percent in sperm quality resulting from radiation phone placed so close to the testicles. Men who carry cell phones in trouser pockets have fewer motile sperm. Decreased semen motility is associated with a higher chance of infertility. The responsibility for this is exposure to electromagnetic radiation of the mobile phone. Men who are not exposed to this radiation have 60 to 85 percent of normal motile sperm. Otherwise, it is estimated that 20 percent of couples in the medium and high-income countries have difficulty conceiving. You should try to remove this bad habit.
- Do not smoke. Men who smoke cigarettes are more likely to have low sperm count. Smoking may reduce sperm motility and cause their deformation. It has been proven that smoking has a negative effect on sperm. The sooner man stops smoking, the sooner starts the regeneration of the sperm. Only the perfect sperm can penetrate the egg and fertilize it. Therefore, whether you are a smoker or not be sure to eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables or take supplements of vitamin C.
- Being overweight reduces the production of semen, possibly because fat produces estrogen. Also very obese men are more prone to erectile dysfunction.
- Avoid lubricants during sex. Lubricants, body lotions and similar products may affect the movement of sperm.
- Do not overheat your body. Elevated temperatures in the testicles can interfere with sperm production. Semen can be ’’fried’’ with long sitting in the hot bath or sauna, of course, if this happens often. Male testes cannot function normally if they are not a few degrees colder than the rest of the body.
- Men who drink heavily are overall less healthy than others, so of course this applies to the quality of the sperm. We’re talking about constant and excessive alcohol consumption. Limit the amount of alcohol you drink. It can reduce the quality and quantity of sperm. If you must drink alcohol, do so reasonably.