One of the most annoying symptoms that occur during cold and flu is coughing. Coughing can be very annoying phenomenon that often disrupts sleep.
Many people besides the usual dose of tablets and syrups seek help in natural remedies, in order to get rid of the unpleasant coughing as soon as possible.
In between the many natural remedies for coughs that are accepted as effective are:
Honey. We could say that honey is the most popular and most effective means to relieve cough. And all medical experts agree that consuming honey before bedtime overwhelms cough and improves sleep.
Caution! Never give honey to a child less than 1 year.
Warm lemon water with honey. In a glass of warm water squeeze one lemon and add a tablespoon of honey. First of all this is a popular natural remedy for sore throat.
Onion syrup and sugar. The juice of onion is a popular remedy for cough. Many argue that it is the only thing that help’s to get rid of dry cough. In addition here’s how to prepare it:
- Cut off the bottom of a red bulb onion.
- Then cut off the top and carved out the onion so that you make a hole without having to drill bottom.
- Charge cocksfoot with 2-3 teaspoons of sugar.
- At the bottom with a knife with a sharp tip make small bites.
- Set on cocksfoot cup or bowl and leave overnight.
- Overnight sugar will melt, and in the cup will appear small amount of onion juice.
- In the morning take the residual sugar which was in cocksfoot and mix it with luscious juice.
- Drink the liquid. Fell free to sweeten with honey.
So baked syrup actually not that bad taste as you would have thought. Consume this syrup twice a day.
Syrup of onions, garlic, thyme and honey.
- Mix half a cup of honey with half a cup of water.
- In the liquid add one clove crushed onion and one clove crushed garlic.
- Add a little thyme and then leave the combination to stand overnight.
- The next day, drain the liquid and drink it as syrup.
- Stock the syrup in the refrigerator.
Cooked onions and honey. In a bowl cook chopped onion until is soft. Remove the onion and mix it with honey. Eat a little of it every 4 hours.
Tea thyme or basil. Tea from thyme and basil also suppress the cough, and for maximum effect, while it’s warm, add a spoonful of honey.
Ginger tea. It is very helpful in reducing a cough. Prepare it as a regular tea and consume while it’s hot.
Syrup of horseradish and honey.
Grate 1/8 teaspoon horseradish in ¼ cup of honey. Allow the mixture to stand for several hours, and then drink it as cough syrup. Apart reducing cough, this syrup will facilitate breathing.
Hot beverages – teas, hot chocolate, soup. Cough strengths more when the throat is dry and when you feel scratching. To eliminate it is necessary to constantly drink hot drinks. Due to them you will feel great relief whether eating soup, tea or hot chocolate.
When should you seek medical attention?
In most cases of the cough, it is not necessary to consult a physician, but if you notice any of these symptoms, immediately consult your doctor:
- When your body temperature is higher than 38 ° C.
- You have difficulties in swallowing and breathing.
- You can hear from your breast rough sound like static or playing your breath.
- The cough is lasting more than one week and the situation is not improving.
- Pain or burning feeling in the chest.
- Secret of thick green, pink or bloody sputum.